“Back in House: Why Local Governments are Bringing Services Home” says that across Canada and around the world public services that were once outsourced are now finding their way back in-house to municipalities, mainly because using in-house services saves money. Simply put: Privatizing services hasn’t delivered the benefits that were promised.
- Download English version here
- Download French version ici.
- Download English Executive Summary here.
- Download News Release here.
In the media
- Read our op ed in the Tyee here.
- Metro News article (Vancouver, Toronto and Ottawa)
- Rabble.ca article (Focus on what`s going on in Winnipeg now)
- Sooke News Mirror (Focus on one of our case studies)
Check out what people are saying…
- “Back in House” debunks the myth that it’s cheaper to contract out public services in order to save money and produce a better product,” says Charley Beresford, Executive Director of the Columbia Institute.
- “In several boroughs of Montreal we’ve noticed that we’ve been able to increase productivity, add flexibility to our projects and even improve on quality. Also, for every project we do in-house, and not in the private sector, we reduce chances of collusion and corruption amongst bidders,” says Craig Sauvé, City Councillor of Montreal.