With input from eight seniors centres in Metro Vancouver, the Columbia Institute report, Our Future: Seniors, Socialization and Health, spotlights how municipalities are frontline in seniors health by offering a wide variety of programs that help keep seniors healthy and independent and delay/prevent seniors from requiring more costly health care services.
In the Media
- Older and Wiser: Local seniors programs meet needs Socializing with peers an important part of active aging, North Shore News, October 31, 2016. Read
- Opinion: Community services vital component of seniors’ care, Vancouver Sun, October 21, 2016 Read article
- Municipalities have important role to ensure seniors’ health and well being: report, Vancouver Sun, October 18, 2016 Read article
- Municipalities have important role to ensure seniors’ health and well being, Postmedia Network, Vancouver 24, October 18, 2016. Read
- 104-year-old woman shining example of municipal programs’ success, says report, CBC News, October 18, 2016 Watch coverage